freeRADIUS -> AD Auth

nfischer at hush.com nfischer at hush.com
Tue Aug 19 11:58:09 CEST 2014

Hi!

/var/run/samba/winbindd_privileged/ is empty i can´t see anything in
there?
What exaclly is this socket?
In /var/run/samba/winbindd/ is only a file names pipe?
srwxrwxrwx 1 root root   0 Aug 18 16:05 pipe

Im a little confused by now.
If I execute the ntlm_auth command in the Terminal it fails with
Exec-Program output: Reading winbind reply failed! (0xc0000001)
Exec-Program-Wait: plaintext: Reading winbind reply failed!
(0xc0000001)
If I execute it as root it workes.
So its a rights Problem...

--
 Mit freundlichem Gruß
 Nicolas Fischer
 email: nfischer at hush.com
 jabber: jagger at jabber.ccc.de
 tel: 01573-0420888
 Skype: jagger64
 TOX: Just ask me :)
 PGP-Key:
 http://keyserver.ubuntu.com/pks/lookup?op=vindex&fingerprint=on&search=0xCF5E6AD15A5B6132
 If you sent me a PGP Crypted Mail I´ll be happy and will give you a
free cookie :)

On 18.8.2014 at 6:09 PM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:Hi,

..just for info - from the FR mailing list archives:

You were absolutely right.
For future reference:

Ubuntu (12.04) places the socket in /var/run/samba/winbindd_privileged
The socket itself is owned root:root permissions  s777
The directory is owned root:winbindd_privileged permissions 750
Adding the user freerad to the group winbindd_privileged did the
trick.

Thanks.... Peter
you probably have EXACTLY the same issue.

alan
-
List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See