3Com Radius Failover

Mike Ford mford2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 17:52:08 CEST 2014

Hello,

Yesterday I finally got my freeradius server playing nicely with a 3Com
5500 EI, thanks in no small part to the great posts in this forum.

I have a question about failover radius configurations on the 3Com switch.
 I know this would probably be better posted on the 3Com / HP support site,
but I thought I might get better answers here. ;)

I know that it possible to have a primary and a secondary radius sever set
up in the same radius scheme (example config below).
#
radius scheme freerad
 server-type extended
 primary authentication x.x.x.x
 primary accounting x.x.x.x
 accounting optional
 key authentication ******
 key accounting ******
 user-name-format without-domain
#

Is it possible to have a radius server set a primary, and if the server is
not accessible, set the secondary to local login authentication?

This is my first post here, sorry if there is not enough information, or if
this post is in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance!