There is no "Calling-Station-Id" attribute in access-requests sent in response to radius challenge from pam_radius-1.3.17-2.el6.x86_64 (CentOS release 6.5)

Dmitry Saratsky simpot at simpot.com
Sun Aug 31 23:21:11 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I'm using freeradius for custom 2-factor OTP authentication as below:
RADIUS_CLIENT > Access-Request(User/Pass) > FreeRADIUS(check user pass and if ok -> generates state) > Access-Challenge > RADIUS_CLIENT> Access-Request(User/OTP/state) > FreeRADIUS

In first Access-Request (before Access-Challenge) RADIUS_CLIENT is sending all required attributes well
My problem is on the second Access-Request (after Access-Challenge). There is no "Calling-Station-Id" attribute on this state for some reason...
I have checked this on the following radius client: pam_radius-1.3.17-2.el6.x86_64 (CentOS release 6.5)

Anyone can suggest some work around for above? Maybe it is configuration issue I'm missing?

Thanks a lot,
Dmitry!