SQL insert on TLs failure

Dean Goldhill dgoldhill at netutils.com
Mon Dec 1 13:22:48 CET 2014

Hello,

I want to write a record to the MySQL database when a client sends a TLS close notification.
So when a laptop is not properly configured to trust our CA, the client sends a TLS close notification.
And in the log we see something like: "Auth: Login incorrect (TLS Alert read:warning:close notify):"

I know why this is happening, but I just want to write an entry to the database so we have a record of which users are failing because of this reason.
Is it possible to do this?

Thanks.
Dean