PAP and NT-hashed password

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Dec 30 14:13:36 CET 2014

On Dec 30, 2014, at 4:46 AM, sb <superabx at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to authenticate users from LDAP with FreeRadius by PAP protocol. Passwords are stored in LDAP in NT-hash. It's not my idea, I just have to do it.

  It works.

> When I do
>
> radtest -t pap ....
>
> I see from freeradius -X:
>
> [pap] login attempt with password "n*******W"
> [pap] Using clear text password "1D******************************9B”

  No, that is not ALL of what you see.  It’s an edited portion.

  When we say we need the debug output, we don’t mean we want random lines from part of the debug output.  We want ALL of the debug output.  There may be something important in the REST of the debug output.  We may need that piece to solve the problem.

  By editing the debug output, you’ve made it difficult for us to help you.

  And which version are you running?  That may help, too.