VSA Processing embedded values

Ben Gatewood Ben.Gatewood at essensys.co.uk
Wed Dec 31 14:45:30 CET 2014

I agree - horrific. The vendor is Broadsoft who make (actually very good IMHO) VoIP PABX products.

I don’t need to ‘do’ anything with the value other than store it into the DB in an appropriately recognisable column. It’s relevant to the Call Detail Record that the PABX is sending me. I’d much rather have each of these 'overloaded’ VSAs broken out into a separate column like the ‘normal’ VSAs so I have to do less in the mediation layer. That is, rather than having a single DB column with values like: “272=Yes”, "372=2678148:1” etc. etc.

Thanks very much for your help.

Ben