Simultaneous-Use works for PPTP/L2TP but not OpenVPN

David Cox davidjcox79 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 08:41:58 CET 2014

I have several VPN servers and 2 radius servers. I run OpenVPN, PPTP and
L2TP. PPTP/L2TP will respect the simultaneous-use flag but OpenVPN does not
respect the simultaneous-use flag on my primary radius server. It seems to
work just fine if I use the failover. Here is the debug output. The only
things I can see that is different between the primary and backup is OpenVPN
has caps in the primary and for some reason [detail] expand:
%{Packet-Src-IP-Address} is not displayed in the primary logs. Any advice
would be a huge help.