EAP-TLS with CRL Howto

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Feb 28 16:56:08 CET 2014

Gregory Sloop wrote:
> I've recently setup EAP-TLS on Ubuntu 12.04 and managed to get CRL's
> to work, using the c_rehash - which appears to have caused lots of
> people trouble. [In fact, I couldn't find a single walk-through or
> functional outcome using the documented ways on either this list of
> the OpenSSL list - so it seems like a highly relevant need..]

  I suspect most people just don't do that.

> I was thinking of posting a walk-through to the list - and would be
> glad to add it to a Wiki page [and/or].

  Just add it to the Wiki, and post the link here.

> So [tl;dr]: Is an EAP-TLS guide with a working CRL something
> appropriate for the list/wiki? If so, any suggestions before I do the
> final edits and complete the write-up?

  The existing EAP-TLS guide works, but has screenshots for XP, which is
bad.  An updated one would be good.

  I'd say use the existing one as a template, and update the Wiki with
new text.  That would be very appreciated.