Triggering a Disconnect-Request

Norman Elton normelton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 02:47:53 CET 2014

I know I can use radclient to send a disconnect message to a NAS. Is
there any way to trigger the FreeRADIUS process to send a disconnect
message instead?

In my case, I have a FreeRADIUS server running happily, and an
external script that sends disconnects. Right now, the script runs
alongside FreeRADIUS on the same server. I would like to move that
script elsewhere, but I would like to offload it to another server.
Problem is, the NAS only honors requests from known RADIUS servers. If
it receives the request from anywhere else, it is simply ignored.

Ideally, my script would send some sort of message (something like a
status message) that FreeRADIUS would turn around into a disconnect
request.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Norman