Enable Perl module in combination with EAP/SIM module

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Jan 3 17:33:29 CET 2014

Shurbann Martes wrote:
> All the RADIUS PDU's need to be ammped to the HTTP API of a AAA server.

  I'm not sure what that means.

> So we're using the Perl module to do the HTTP calls. That's why we're
> using perl in authenticate. If there is another way to proxy HTTP calls
> please advise.

 You're assuming I already understand your system, and then describing
it using as fews words as possible.  Stop it.  You're giving me every
reason to ignore you.  If you don't care enough to write useful
questions, I don't care enough to write useful answers.

  WHAT is the HTTP API doing?  "ammped" isn't an English word.

  WHAT is the Perl code doing?  HTTP calls?  That's nice.. WHAT is it
doing with those HTTP calls?  Sending magic pixies?  HOW is it using the
RADIUS data to make those HTTP calls?

  And "proxy HTTP calls" makes zero sense.  FreeRADIUS isn't an HTTP
server.  So it can't proxy HTTP.

   Right now, all I can tell is that you know how to use the words
"RADIUS", "Perl", and "HTTP" in a sentence.  That's nice, but not
particularly useful.