coa / proxy question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 6 15:21:28 CET 2014

Richard J Palmer wrote:
> What I would ideally like to do (simple solution) is send the coa
> request to both LNS routers - one will obviously say 'no match' the
> other will correctly affect the session. With the pool set to failover I
> find that second LNS is not sent the coa as the first LNS replied
> (albeit saying no match), load balance works 50/50.

  That's a terrible solution.

> Is there a simple way to configure coa to send the request to both here.

  No.  Packets go to ONE destination, and ONLY one destination.

> I'm also open to any betrter routes to do this

  Add a column to the accounting table.  It should be "LNS IP Address".
 Then, update the accounting queries to store Packet-Src-IP-Address there.

  For CoA, you just look up the session in the accounting table, and
sent the CoA packet to the LNS IP Address.