Accounting in MySQL - Password

P K getpkme at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:06:56 CET 2014

Hi,

This may be a simple question but I was not able to find a setting for
this. Basically, I'm using freeradius with LDAP for my user base and
MySQL for accounting. I've loaded schema on MySQL, configured
freeradius and my two tables get populated properly (radacct and
radpostauth).

My Clients are using TTLS/PAP and PEAP/MSCHAP protocols.

When I look in radpostauth, the "pass" field is populated in clear
text when TTLS/PAP protocol is used. Is there a way to disable this or
at least encrypt the password?

Password logging is only a problem when we use MySQL. Freeradius Log
files do not contain passwords.

Thanks.