Accounting in MySQL - Password

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Jan 10 20:42:24 CET 2014

Hi,

> This may be a simple question but I was not able to find a setting for
> this. Basically, I'm using freeradius with LDAP for my user base and
> MySQL for accounting. I've loaded schema on MySQL, configured
> freeradius and my two tables get populated properly (radacct and
> radpostauth).

the default config has this in the dialup.conf file (the configuration that
mysql module uses)

	postauth_query = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table} \
                          (username, pass, reply, authdate) \
                          VALUES ( \
                          '%{User-Name}', \
                          '%{%{User-Password}:-%{Chap-Password}}', \
                          '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S')"

edit that appropriately - eg change it to

	postauth_query = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table} \
                          (username, pass, reply, authdate) \
                          VALUES ( \
                          '%{User-Name}', \
                          'PASSWORD', \
                          '%{reply:Packet-Type}', '%S')"

its what I did years ago before putting the service into production....we moved to postgresql
in the end for production - so made same change for the postgresql config.

alan