Radacct table is growing and growing

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:26:41 CET 2014

You have to offload old historical data out of your DB, for sure.
Of particular importance is using innodb_file_per_table=1. If you arent
using that, better configure it, and do a dump and restore of your DB.
Alternatives for offloading in MySQL are SHARDING and  PARTITIONING.

In the meantime, you can add the DELAYED keyword in INSERT queries. There
is no point in waiting for INSERT queries and delaying the authentication.

Regards
--
Rui Fernando Ferreira Ribeiro
senior sysadmin ISCTE-IUL