freeradius3 dhcp.dictionary error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 22 20:12:01 CET 2014

Darrel wrote:
> "Errors reading dictionary:  dict_init:
> /usr/local/share/freeradius/dictionary.dhcp[208]:
> Type "tlv" can only be for "format=1,1".

  Except there's no "tlv" entry on line 208 of dictionary.dhcp.

> Can I dereference dhcp.dictionary somehow?
>
> This error is on FreeBSD10.  I did not enable dhcp, the dictionary is
> there by default.

  Yes.  It works in the default distribution.

  Please try downloading the "tar" file from the freeradius.org site.
Do the normal "./configure; make; make install".  Then try to run the
server.

  If it works, file a bug with the FreeBSD people.  They've mangaged to
break the server.

  If it doesn't work, I'll see if I have a FreeBSD system around
somewhere for testing.