(Ruckus AP + CHAP + 802.1x EAP) + (FreeRadius + OpenLDAP) is possible? or need some magic?

Jorge Pereira jpereiran at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 01:01:23 CET 2014

hi folks!

   I've in my labs the "Ruckus AP" with SSID setted with authentication
"802.1x EAP" and encryption method "WPA2" / algorithm AES.
but, my only option for "Auth Method" is CHAP (not ms-chap) or PAP! of
course that in this case, my only way out is use "CHAP" (again, i don't
have ms-chap in my AP)
my question is: could be possible authorize in my FreeRadius+OpenLdap?
because i'm looking by many weeks about some solutions and didn't found
anything
that can solve my problem.... I heard something that need to add/create a
new field in my openldap for store the "chap-password"... something like
that!

by the way: in my lab, i've winbind authorizing perfectly in my AD (that
use OpenLDAP)
eg:
[root at lab samba]# ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --domain=domainlab
--username="jpereiran"
password:
NT_STATUS_OK: Success (0x0)
[root at lab samba]#

obs: if someone available to try clarify my ideas, and give some way...
I'll be very grateful!! :)

Att,
Jorge Pereira