rlm_exec: "multi line" attributes

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jul 3 14:53:44 CEST 2014

On 03/07/14 13:11, Adam Bishop wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2014, at 12:49, Phil Mayers <p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>> Under which version?
>
> 3.0.1 - there appears to be no significant changes to
> exec.c/radius_start_program() since that release, so the behaviour
> should still be present in 3.0.4 and HEAD.

That's not what I see. Instead, I see newlines being turned into
"<backslash> n" when they're put into the environment variable,
confirmed from the PoV of the exec'd program:

NAS_PORT_TYPE=Ethernet
REPLY_MESSAGE="foo\nbar"

...the escaping being done by fr_print_string, called from
vp_prints_value via vp_data_prints_value.

Are you sure you're not doing something like:

Attr += "<xml>
Attr += "<tag/>"
Attr += "</xml>"

...and then getting caught out by only the last attribute ending up in
the environment?