SSL Certificate Question (Charles Plater) was Re: Freeradius-Users Digest, Vol 111, Issue 19

Rui Ribeiro ruyrybeyro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 05:58:43 CEST 2014

Hi Charles,

The experience we have here is iOS devices, and apparently, the iPhone more
than the iPad are very picky with certificates. Recent OSX versions seem to
very a little more picky too. We used to have a lot of strange errors
before we fixed our certtificates.

Your certificate on the RADIUS side has to be carefully built to include
any extra certificates if you are using an intermediate root certificate. I
also maybe stating the obvious, however if you are using self signed
certificates it is a must to install the root certificate in the client
devices. I advise, for Windows and iOS devices, to build profiles.

Regards,
Rui Ribeiro
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/rui-ribeiro/16/ab8/434