Question about cui.post-auth in FR 3

Stefan Paetow Stefan.Paetow at ja.net
Wed Jul 9 13:04:25 CEST 2014

> yes, that is wrong - and I dont know where that came from as we have the older stuff here and it didnt do that

When you say 'the older stuff', are you referring to FR 2.x? Because yes, there that was never in there. That was a change in 3.0.0.

> ..and that is wrong too IMHO  - CUI isnt anonymous - CUI is an identifier that cannot be influenced by the end
> user so can be trusted by a visited site to be something that will mark the same person no matter what client
> (or change to CSI they do ) they use or change to their outerID that they do

But is it better than before, i.e. where the username simply disappeared?

Stefan

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238