colourise doesn't seem to function.

Franks Andy (RLZ) IT Systems Engineer Andy.Franks at sath.nhs.uk
Wed Jul 16 13:57:06 CEST 2014

Hi all,
  I'm running a not-particularly up to date version of FR - 3.0.0 git
#aaa0ed5, and it's running on vmware. Neither the vmware console or
putty sessions I'm running display with pretty colours any longer, I'm
sure they used to. Colourise=yes is set in radiusd.conf and I'm running
freeradius -X.
Sorry for the noddy question, I don't mind being flamed if something
obvious..
The main question is whether it's a known issue with that version, don't
want to upgrade otherwise as these are in production.
Thanks
Andy