Disconnect on Accounting Octet Quota

Winfield, Alister Alister.Winfield at bskyb.com
Wed Jul 16 16:01:53 CEST 2014

Look at the network devices documentation there are many ways of doing it for example.

  1.  Device has quotas and it manages them for you in some way.
  2.  Device has quotas and ‘asks’ you to make a decision by RADIUS (Often another authentication request with extra ‘quota’ attribute added).
  3.  Device sends interim accounting and you use CoA to stop a session that goes over quota on receipt of interim accounting packet.
  4.  Something else.

Basically its a function of the software+hardware you are using and not a function of RADIUS itself (although RADIUS may be the control mechanism).

Alister