Adding a 4th slave to cluster, sort of

Ryan Milton rmilton at mvsusa.com
Thu Jul 17 22:58:21 CEST 2014

Hi all,

My first real question here:
For starters:  FreeRADIUS Version 2.1.12, for host
i386-portbld-freebsd8.2, built on Nov 10 2011

Unfortunately, my network runs old versions of FreeBSD/FreeRADIUS. That is
a work to change, but that isn¹t my question.

Question here involves creating a ³4th slave² that will replicate the
radaccount table from the three other slaves/master so that only the one
server needs to be queried.

The new box is Ubuntu server, so I know that I can¹t exactly copy another
slave, but will have to do some kind of dump.

My question is, is it possible to replicate the entire cluster¹s data
relating to the accounting to the one box? I don¹t really have an idea of
how that would work as it would be a slave to the other slaves, as well.

I don¹t know if it matters, but all the other radius servers are scattered
around the globe, so whenever there is a query, the user has to go to each
box and query. The goal is to have just the one.

I hope my question is clear.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan