Machine authentications with proxy-inner-tunnel and NPS as backend

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 19:21:00 CEST 2014

Not at all. You are passing the auth back to another system....this IS different and just because the virtual-server exists it doesnt mean that its applicable to all scenerios where RADIUS is used.

I'm guessing the NPS error matches the strong rather than lead to more info. The request is likely not being handled by the NPS box because it's not a method supported by your policy. .. which means that it falls through to the last policy which is what generates the final error you see.  Check your policies :)

... and don't be dismissive of help/advice given to you for free on this list.   I'd really recommend you read up about the TLV cryptobinding because it's likely to undo all your ideas with a future windows OS or NPS update

alan