[ANN] Release 3.0.4 rc1

Herwin Weststrate herwin at quarantainenet.nl
Mon Jun 2 12:55:21 CEST 2014

I'm having a little inconvenience with the generated Debian packages,
they fail to start, trying to protect you from the heartbleed bug

Mon Jun  2 12:33:57 2014 : Error: Refusing to start with libssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.1e 11 Feb 2013 0x01000105f (1.0.1e-15) (in range 1.0.1-0 -
1.0.1f-15)
Mon Jun  2 12:33:57 2014 : Error: Security advisory CVE-2014-0160
(Heartbleed)
Mon Jun  2 12:33:57 2014 : Error: For more information see
http://heartbleed.com

However, this issue has been backported by Debian in libssl version
1.0.1e-2+deb7u5. A fix for this has been propesed and merged in #590
<https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/pull/590>. However,
this fix got reverted in commit
55a7773512221d698beb02bc6e36e8585b63fe60, without a real explanation
(just the standard "this reverts commit xyz" message).

Is there any specific reason that this fix has been reverted?

-- Herwin Weststrate