VMPS only

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jun 4 22:41:26 CEST 2014

Edik Mkoyan wrote:
> I have multivlan wide l2 network and need to implement vmps.
> I made server work for single vlan, but I need to make it work with many
> vlans and mac2vlan file(I have about 300 hosts). Tell me how to enable
> mac2vlan module(if that is a module), when I remove the # sign from the
> mapping example line, server crashes with parse error, after the mac
> address.

  OK... so why didn't you paste that output here?  It isn't secret.

  What line does it fail on?  What is the *exact* error?

> Here is the debug output that works for a single vlan
> Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
> Cleaning up request 19 ID 10529 with timestamp +1165
> Ready to process requests.
>         VMPS-Packet-Type = VMPS-Reconfirm-Request
>         VMPS-Error-Code = VMPS-No-Error
>         VMPS-Sequence-Number = 10545
>         VMPS-Client-IP-Address = 192.168.10.218
>         VMPS-Port-Name = "Fa0/16"
>         VMPS-VLAN-Name = "default"
>         VMPS-Domain-Name = "vivaro"
>         VMPS-Unknown = 0x01
>         VMPS-Cookie = f4:6d:04:48:36:5f

  And there's no VMPS-Mac in the packet.

> Doing VMPS
> +- entering group vmps {...}
>         expand: %{VMPS-Mac} ->

  See?  Nothing.

> and here is the configuration

  Which has been massively butchered.  Please don't do that.

  Start off with the default configuration.  Then, make one change and
test it.  If it works, make another change.

  It looks like you've completely changed everything... and then are
surprised that it doesn't work.

  Well, don't do that.