Error 1: gmake Free Radius 3.0.3 at Solaris

Mathieu Simon (Lists) matsimon.lists at simweb.ch
Tue Jun 10 22:36:02 CEST 2014

Am 10.06.2014 20:50, schrieb Arran Cudbard-Bell:

> I think we only officially support GCC, clang and Intel's compiler, so it'd make more sense to use -fPIC. It's probably a hangover in jlibtool.c from when it was adopted.
>
> Do you know if Sun's compiler also supports -fPIC as an alias to -KPIC? That'd make things simple...

Apparently yes. illumos distributions are likely to be stuck at Studio
12.1 (the last that compiled the base OS before Oracle closed things).
Those with Oracle systems can or may have to likely use newer versions,
here is what I can get:

# cat /etc/release
  OmniOS v11 r151010
  Copyright 2014 OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved.
  Use is subject to license terms.

# cc -V
cc: Sun C 5.10 SunOS_i386 2009/06/03
usage: cc [ options] files.  Use 'cc -flags' for details

# cc -flags | grep KPIC
-KPIC         Compile position independent code with 32-bit addresses
-fPIC         Same as -KPIC

But it seems this is still valid for the current Studio 12.3 that works
with Solaris 11.

Here is is a link to the document that have not been put behind
paywalls: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24457_01/html/E21990/bjapr.html

-- Mathieu

---