LDAP auth

Jon Jenkins jon.jenkins at convergecfd.com
Tue Jun 17 22:55:47 CEST 2014

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 3:45 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com>
wrote:

> Jon Jenkins wrote:
> > Look - this was not arguing, I was simply seeking out information.
>
>   You didn't follow instruction and get a "known good" password into LDAP.
>
> > I have read through several of the postings pertaining to LDAP auth, and
> > it seems common to see hostility towards posters, especially with
> > regards to following instructions.
>
>   Yes.  You ask a question from the experts.  They give you an answer.
> Then you argue with the answer.
>
>  "Well, if what you say is true, they why do I see this OTHER message?"
>
>   It's rude.

I am sorry, but I disagree with you. I accepted what the export said,
thanked them, and I asked for clarification.  At no point did I insinuate
that they were not telling me the truth; your misquote of my question is
off base.

> > These people come to you for your
> > expertise, and yes, it would be great if everyone RTFM, but there can
> > still be legitimate confusion. I hate to waste time posting about this
> > kind of event but it's enough of a pattern to warrant saying something.
>
>   Yes.  There is a consistent pattern of people asking questions and
> arguing with the answers.  It's rude, and we don't put up with it.
>
>   Fix the underlying issue and it will work.  Argue, and you'll never
> get it fixed.
>
>   Which one do you want?  It's up to you.

I would like your export opinion, I respect the time it takes to answer
these emails. I appreciate that there are instances where you find yourself
arguing with someone, and it doesn't seem like they respect the time you
put in. This is not one of those times - although I do understand that
everyone can read into email what they will, assuming that everyone is
arguing with you has got to be taxing. I am sorry you have to go through
that.

Respectfully,
Jon

>   Alan DeKok.
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

*Jon Jenkins | *Systems Administrator

<http://www.convergecfd.com>

D: (608) 831 3813

CONVERGE™ User Group Meeting 2014 <http://www.convergecfd.com/ugm2014>
September 23rd - 25th
Madison, WI

*Shifting the paradigm toward predictive CFD*