Is it possible to set asterisk's VoIP authentication to be based on EAP-SIM auth of freeradius?

Iliya Peregoudov iperegudov at cboss.ru
Wed Jun 25 15:33:55 CEST 2014

It is not quite clear how to transport EAP inside SIP messages. This is
not specified in RFCs and I doubt have implemented in any SIP client.

SIP protocol uses HTTP Digest authentication. SIP proxy can transport
HTTP Digest authentication to RADIUS server according to
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sterman-aaa-sip-01>. FreeRADIUS
rlm_digest module supports draft-sterman-aaa-sip-01 authentication method.