rlm_unix and logging of bad passwords

Mischa Diehm mischa.diehm at unibas.ch
Fri Mar 7 17:23:46 CET 2014

Hi,

I run: freeradius-2.2.0p2  on OpenBSD 5.4

and I'm wondering how I can stop freeradius to log bad passwords to
/var/log/radius/radius.log. The users are in the system password-db.

I checked in rlm_unix.c where the log is happening but from there didn't
figure what could be done to prevent the line from being logged:

//line371ff
if (fr_crypt_check((char *) request->password->vp_strvalue,
                             (char *) vp->vp_strvalue) != 0) {
                radlog_request(L_AUTH, 0, request, "invalid password
\"%s\"",
                               request->password->vp_strvalue);
                return RLM_MODULE_REJECT;
        }

Any hints? Thanks in advance.
Mischa

--
Mischa Diehm | Network Operations Center (NOC)
UniBasel | UniRechenZentrum (URZ)