IP-Address

Nick Lowe nick.lowe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 17:45:34 CET 2014

>   Nope.  Acct-Multi-Session-Id handles IDs for multiple sessions.  What
> does that mean?  No one knows... the IETF RADIUS working group has had
> discussion on that topic, with no resolution.

For 802.1X purposes, it is, I thought, pretty well defined in RFC 3580... No?

>   No.  Every re-auth is a new connection.  Always.  Anything else is
> madness.

You have to correlate over these if you want to be able to limit the
number of concurrent devices a user is allowed to have connected
though, surely?

Certainly NASes that implement the Acct-Multi-Session-Id support
persist that value across re-authenication whether there is an
authorisation exchange or not.

Nick