Changing Class attribute from octets to string

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Mar 31 19:07:05 CEST 2014

Antonio Modesto Amaral Sousa wrote:
> Thank you for replying. Sorry for the stupid question but, where am I
> supposed to put this config? I don't know if I was clear enough in the
> last e-mail, I need the attribute in plain text format inside the acct
> packet

  What does that mean?  The attributes in the packet do NOT have a data
type.  They're just binary blobs.  The RFCs say that Class is a binary
blob, too.

> so my DPI box can get the service plan of the user, not to just
> convert it.

  If you're sending accounting packets to your DPI box, then you need to
fix your DPI box to treat Class as text.  No amount of poking FreeRADIUS
will change the way your DPI box works.

  Perhaps you could explain what you *think* is going on.  Right now, it
looks like you're operating under false assumptions.  Therefore, your
questions are wrong.