simultaneous login(s) is not working

Muhammad Usman muhd.usman87 at gmail.com
Mon May 12 08:12:18 CEST 2014

Dear All,
I faced the same problem, I have written answers to your questions below,

1. Can the user get authenticated at *all*?
*Yes..User is getting authenticated via DB*
2. Have you set 'Simultaneous-Use = 1' for the user?
*Yes.an entry for user is added in radcheck table like mention below*

*"username at hotmail.com <username at hotmail.com>";"Simultaneous-Use";":=";"1"*3.
Is the server receiving ANY accounting packets?
*Yes. My NAS is sending the accounting requests*
4. After the user gets authenticated, does FreeRADIUS receive accounting
packets for that user?
*yes. Interim packets are recieved, but I havent enabled query to add
interim accounting request data to DB, only Start/Stop packets are saved*
5. Is the radutmp / sql module logging those accounting packets?
*I can see the packets coming in logs*
6. Do the accounting packets have enough information to uniquely
identify a session?  i.e. no "NAS-Port = 0" for all users
*Accounting packets have username, session id  field in them, which are
unique but there are no NAS-Port field. *
7. Is the nas_type in the "client" configuration set to a known NAS,
where the server can double-check logins?
*NAS type is set to other*

7. When the user logs in a second time, does FreeRADIUS even try
Simultaneous-Use checking?
*Nope, I am unable to see any such simultaneous check query in logs,
queries are enabled in dialup.conf and sql option is uncommented in session
section.*

Thanks