Mac OSX + PEAP/MSCHAPv2 + Special characters in password

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 14 17:52:24 CEST 2014

On 14/05/14 16:36, Stefan Paetow wrote:
> Unfortunately all too much software makes that mistake. :-/

Indeed. The context I've seen it was early version of MIT Kerberos
encoding the password to iso-8859-1 versus Windows 2000 which encodes to
UTF8. In that situation, any character not in the basic US-ASCII range
32-126 inclusive was unsafe to use cross-platform.

We still advise people to avoid non-ASCII characters in passwords :o(

The IT industry really is a bad joke, told by a malicious higher power...