IBM AIX 7.1 install pam_radius-1.3.17 error

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Mon May 26 17:27:30 CEST 2014

On 26 May 2014, at 14:08, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:

>> Thank you very so much for your support, there still have error message:
>
> Can you send me the output of
>
> cat /usr/include/security/pam_modules.h
>
> For some reason the pam function signatures still don't match what you have on your system.

Oh, hm, I see the problem. For some reason the sm_* functions are const'd whereas the pam_get_item
function isn't.

This is insane. How does anyone write cross platform PAM modules?!

Seems like for every API function you want to use you'd have to write an autoconf test, to try three
or four different variants to actually get the module to build cleanly.

I guess we'll have to do that then... but I don't have time currently. Maybe in a few days.

-Arran

FreeRADIUS Development Team