ipaddr, ipv4addr ipv6addr
aland at deployingradius.com
Sat May 31 00:54:16 CEST 2014
A little simpler perhaps:
- most configuration directives for IP addresses, host names, etc.
should now use "ipaddr"
- "ipaddr" works the same as it always did, mostly
- you can force v4/v6 by using "ipv4addr" or "ipv6addr" instead of "ipaddr"
- "ipaddr" will try to use a v4 record from DNS
- if there's no v4 record in DNS, "ipaddr" will look for a v6 record.
All of these directives will first try to parse an actual address
(e.g. 192.168.2.1). If that fails, they'll look up the string in DNS.
More information about the Freeradius-Users