Dailycounter not working

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Nov 2 14:36:20 CET 2014

Matej Žerovnik wrote:
> This is the part that is giving me troubles...
> My users exists in LDAP to which I don't have access, but I can
> authenticate with UserDN.
> I added entry
> testuser Max-Daily-Session := 600
> to mysql radcheck table hoping radius will pick it up and use it in
> 'dailycounter'.

  That should be picked up.  Read the debug log to see what's happening.

> Access-request packet looks like this:

  I don't care.  The *rest* of the debug log matters.

> Can RADIUS use the username provided in access-request for the
> sqldailycounter?

  Of course.

> Is that even suppose to work?

  Yes.

> Can I use 'dailycounter' on LDAP  authenticated users or does that only
> work on local users, who are in sql database?

  See my other messages on this list.  The server cares only about
attributes.  It doesn't care where they come from.

  If the server isn't reading Max-Daily-Session from SQL, it's because
you configured the server wrong.