Update 3.0.4 to 3.0.x syntax surprises / bugs?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Nov 17 13:37:35 CET 2014

Stefan Winter wrote:
> Well, none of the examples in clients.conf has quotes.

  In this case, flexibility can cause problems.

  The idea is that simple strings don't need quotes.  But... that means
that the parser gets excited over "special" characters.  Putting the
secret into quotes fixes that.

> If the
> recommendation is to quote shared secrets by default, I'd suggest to
> update raddb/clients.conf to lead by good example :-)

  I'll add some notes on when / where to use quoting.

  And double-check the parsing of unquoted "special" characters.