Error in user authentication : Freeradius + MySQL - Failed to create the pair: Invalid vendor name in attribute name "Password"

Karuppasamy, Senthil skaruppasamy at extremenetworks.com
Wed Nov 19 15:52:22 CET 2014

Hi,
   Followed the diff forum threads and have managed to link the Freeradius to look for users from a Mysql DB but am still not able to successfully authenticate users in this setup.I get the following error on receiving a user request
Received Access-Request Id 24 from 10.127.6.21:59169 to 10.127.6.244:1645 length 76
        User-Name = 'test'
        User-Password = 'test'
        NAS-IP-Address = 10.127.6.21
        Service-Type = Administrative-User
        Calling-Station-Id = '10.120.92.40'
        NAS-Port-Type = Virtual
(1) # Executing section authorize from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
(1)   authorize {
(1)   [preprocess] = ok
(1)   [chap] = noop
(1)   [mschap] = noop
(1)   [digest] = noop
(1) suffix : No '@' in User-Name = "test", looking up realm NULL
(1) suffix : No such realm "NULL"
(1)   [suffix] = noop
(1) eap : No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
(1)   [eap] = noop
(1) sql : EXPAND %{User-Name}
(1) sql :    --> test
(1) sql : SQL-User-Name set to 'test'
rlm_sql (sql): Reserved connection (4)
(1) sql : EXPAND SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = '%{SQL-User-Name}'           ORDER BY id desc
(1) sql :    --> SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = 'test'           ORDER BY id desc
rlm_sql (sql): Executing query: 'SELECT id, username, attribute, value, op           FROM radcheck           WHERE username = 'test'           ORDER BY id desc'
rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Invalid vendor name in attribute name "Password"
rlm_sql (sql): Error parsing user data from database result
(1) ERROR: sql : SQL query error

But the user exists in the DB as we can see from the following output :

+----+----------+-----------+-------+----+
| id | username | attribute | value | op |
|  2 | test     | Password  | test  | := |
|  1 | test     | Auth-Type | Local | := |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I have attached the configuration files along with this mail. Any help in this would be very much appreciated.

Senthil KSK

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments to it may contain confidential and proprietary material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail and any attachments and all copies, whether electronic or printed.