UserDN escape problem and Group membership checking in 3.0.3

Winders, Timothy A twinders at southplainscollege.edu
Thu Nov 20 17:24:54 CET 2014

On 11/20/14, 9:48 AM, "Arran Cudbard-Bell" <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org>
wrote:

>> On 20 Nov 2014, at 09:30, Winders, Timothy A
>><twinders at southplainscollege.edu> wrote:

>>> https://github.com/FreeRADIUS/freeradius-server/tree/v3.0.x
>>>
>>> And click on the "download zip" button on the right hand side.
>>
>> Downloaded and installedŠ
>>
>> The problem with membership_filter seems to be resolved.  I still see
>>the
>> escaping happening, but, the user in group object is found.
>
>>(12)       Waiting for search result...
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>> ber_get_next failed.
>
>Hmm, well i've never seen that before. Do you have additional ldap
>debugging enabled?

Nope.  I'm just running "radiusd -X" and copying the (relevant) parts of
the debug.  This time it doesn't show up in the debug.  It's (highly
likely) that my configurations are less than optimal.  8-)

>You'll find that LDAP-Group == 'Students Security Group' will also work,
>for both cases, if you set group.name_attribute.

Confirmed!

(27) if (LDAP-Group == "Students Security Group") {
(27) Searching for user in group "Students Security Group"
rlm_ldap (ldap): 0 of 0 connections in use. You probably need to increase
"spare"
rlm_ldap (ldap): Opening additional connection (7)
rlm_ldap (ldap): Connecting to ldap.southplainscollege.edu:389
rlm_ldap (ldap): Waiting for bind result...
rlm_ldap (ldap): Bind successful
rlm_ldap (ldap): Reserved connection (7)
(27) Using user DN from request "CN=Winders\, Tim
(0552),OU=Students,OU=SPC,DC=southplainscollege,DC=edu"
(27) Checking user object membership (memberOf) attributes
(27) Performing unfiltered search in 'CN=Winders\, Tim
(0552),OU=Students,OU=SPC,DC=southplainscollege,DC=edu', scope 'base'
(27) Waiting for search result...
(27) Processing group membership value "CN=Students Security
Group,OU=Standard Groups,OU=Groups,OU=SPC,DC=southplainscollege,DC=edu"
(27) Converting group DN to group Name
(27) Performing unfiltered search in 'CN=Students Security
Group,OU=Standard Groups,OU=Groups,OU=SPC,DC=southplainscollege,DC=edu',
scope 'base'
(27) Waiting for search result...
(27) Group name is "Students Security Group"
(27) User found. Comparison between membership: name (resolved from DN),
check: name
rlm_ldap (ldap): Released connection (7)

--
Tim Winders

Associate Dean of Information Technology
South Plains College
(806) 716-2369