Freeradius mysql ippool duplicate IP's

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Nov 21 13:56:43 CET 2014

Wesley wrote:
> We are using Mikrotik's as the NAS's, they are setup to send interum
> updates every 30 minutes,
> The lease time has been increased to 7 days which has not made any
> noticeable difference.

  Changing the lease time might help, but it won't solve the problem.

> if you require config file print outs please advise or log's

  You should run the server in debugging mode as suggested in the FAQ,
"man" page, web pages, and daily on this list.

  The interim update packets are meant to keep the lease alive.  If the
lease isn't being kept alive, then (a) the server isn't receiving the
packets, or (b) it's not configured to do anything with them, or (c)
they don't contain the right information.

  Find out which one it is.