Freeradius mysql ippool duplicate IP's

Wesley wesley at megs.co.za
Tue Nov 25 12:53:52 CET 2014

After lots of log watching & trying different things to resolve other
odd messages in the log I can
confirm that if i drop the pppoe connection it will release it & then
reassign generally the same IP.

If the NAS looses connectivity/power and then comes back, none of the
old leases are re-assigned to
the same users once connectivity/power is restored, they just get
assigned new IP's.

mysql> select * from radippool where pool_name = 'megswb_priv' AND
username like 'pierre%';
+-----+-------------+-----------------+---------------+-----------------+-------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-------------------+
| id  | pool_name   | framedipaddress | nasipaddress  | calledstationid
| callingstationid  | expiry_time         | username                |
pool_key          |
+-----+-------------+-----------------+---------------+-----------------+-------------------+---------------------+---------------------+-------------------+
| 401 | megswb_priv | 10.21.45.145    | 172.21.250.38 |
| 00:0C:42:D2:FD:81 | 2014-12-02 13:35:54 | pierre at domain.co.za |
00:0C:42:D2:FD:81 |
| 522 | megswb_priv | 10.21.46.10     | 172.21.250.38 |
| 00:0C:42:D2:FD:81 | 2014-12-02 13:36:37 | pierre at domain.co.za |
00:0C:42:D2:FD:81 |
| 856 | megswb_priv | 10.21.47.88     | 172.21.250.38 |
| 00:0C:42:D2:FD:81 | 2014-12-02 13:48:34 | pierre at domain.co.za |
00:0C:42:D2:FD:81 |

Any help to what setting I should be looking at or what message from
debug/log file i need to be searching for regarding the above mentioned
issue..

Thanks