Version 3.0.4 sql groups handling issue

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Nov 27 19:36:44 CET 2014

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 13:24, Arran Cudbard-Bell <a.cudbardb at freeradius.org> wrote:
>

>> On 27 Nov 2014, at 12:08, Philippe MARASSE <philippe.marasse at ch-poitiers.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm upgrading from FR 3.0.0 to 3.0.4, during the tests, I've ran into an issue :
>>
>> - My NAS are sorted into 2 different huntgroups
>> - My users are members of 2 SQL groups
>> - Each SQL group is attached to one huntgroup
>>
>> Under v3.0.4 group processing stops when the first group get processed whether huntgroup matches or not.

That's the correct behaviour. That was a long standing bug in rlm_sql which was corrected.

In the users file if all the check items match for an entry, you stop processing, and don't evaluate
other entries.

The same should be true for rlm_sql. You should need to explicitly add Fall-Through = yes to process
additional groups.

The last group processed also controls whether profiles are processed, which is slightly weird, but
as the ordering of the group assignments is controlled by the administrator, it allows maximum
flexibility.

If you really want tight control over profile processing you could add a couple of dummy groups for
Fall-Through = yes and Fall-Through = no, and list them at the end of user's group lists.

FreeRADIUS development team