Acct-Delay-Time attribute in buffered-sql server mode

Rygl Aleš ales at rygl.net
Sun Oct 5 16:45:00 CEST 2014

On Saturday 04 of October 2014 15:13:17 Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:

> > I always thought buffered-sql server is just a loader of the detail file to
db. But it looks like it is working as a real radius server manipulating the
Acct-Delay-Time attribute which is IMHO wrong here and should be suppressed
somehow. What is your opinion?

> No, manipulating Acct-Delay-Time here is correct. It represents the amount
of time between the event occurring and the current time.

Well, when forwarding reguests I would understand but as I have already
replied to Alan, I am not sure if I understand, why it si done when loading
the file to DB.

> Acct-Delay-Time shouldn't be used directly by the queries to calculate
timestamp offsets.

> On receipt of an Accounting-Request if Event-Timestamp isn't present it
should be synthesised from applying the received
> Acct-Delay-Time to the current time on the RADIUS server.
>
> If Event-Timestamp is present it should not be touched.

Yes, we have it always.

> When writing our detail file entries Event-Timestamp should be recorded.
>
> The queries in 3.0.x all use Event-Timestamp instead of using Acct-Delay-
Time. You could alter you queries to do the same, and add
> the logic to synthesise Event-Timestamp if absent.

I have already checked them and I will start to use Event-Timestamp.

Ales