Windows 8.1 Wi-Fi client handshake failure (Martin Rowe)

Martin Rowe martin.p.rowe at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 04:44:01 CEST 2014

Rui Ribeiro wrote:
> I am not seeing the XP X.509 OIDs specific for Windows on your certificate.
> Dont you need them?
> Have a look at certs/xpentensions.

OID 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.1, serverAuth and "TLS Web Server Authentication"
are all synonymous, as are OID 1.3.6.1.5.5.8.2.2, clientAuth and "TLS
Web Client Authentication". If I add the OID numbers to my current
config it just adds the same usage again:

X509v3 Extended Key Usage:
        TLS Web Server Authentication, TLS Web Server Authentication

Thanks

Marty