Authentication problems depending on connection type

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Thu Oct 23 15:56:20 CEST 2014

Alex Gregory wrote:
> ... In order to do that I have to send the passwords in the clear so I am using PAP-TTLS in the configuration utility to create the profile.

  So you want to use EAP.

> ...  It looks like it does EAP which I do not want it to do.

  And now you don't want to use EAP.

  Which is it?

> My question is am I using the same radius config sections when I connect via the OS dialog?

  Yes.

>  What could cause the change on how things are forwarded from the FreeRadius server?

  The end system sends different information to the NAS.  The NAS sends
different information to the RADIUS server.

  I think you're confused about how things work, and what you want the
server to do.  You probably need to start over.

  In short, authenticated WiFi uses EAP.  You can't change this.