CallingStationId not attribute stores the MAC address

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Fri Oct 24 15:06:25 CEST 2014

Cleiton Rodrigues de Souza wrote:
> Good morning, according to the manual

  Which manual?  There are many manuals on the net...

> CallingStationId freeradius
> attribute refers to the MAC address of the client, so it should be
> stored in the database such attribute, yet being saved it is the IP
> address of the client.

  The NAS can send pretty much anything it wants in the
Calling-Station-Id attribute.

  As always, read the debug output to see what's happening.

> Does anyone know what this might be and how can I solve this problem?
> I wish it were stored the MAC address for the attribute CallingStationId!

  You probably need to fix the NAS so that it sends the MAC in the
Calling-Station-Id.

  Or, if the MAC is in another attribute, you can use that attribute.