FR 3.0.x Head + coova chilli + mysql Volume Limit

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Oct 27 15:32:18 CET 2014

Abdullah wrote:
> sorry to bother again, there is another issue i just noticed
> Setting up qouta of lets say 5GB
> A user downloads 2 GB and disconnects
> When he logins again, he should disconnect after 3GB but he doesnt get
> disconnected rather he gets disconnected after 5Gb

  There are a few reasons why this happens.

1) you're always setting a 5G quota, and not checking the used quota

2) the used quota never gets updated

> I checked accounting and for every login a new session is saved and it
> does not checks past downloaded volume. How can i solve this problem?

  The sqlcounter module *should* check for past downloaded volume.
However, this requires the NAS to send Accounting-Request packets, so
that FreeRADIUS knows the user has downloaded data.

  As always, run the server in debugging mode to see what's happening.
There are a lot of pieces involved, and they all need to work.

  We can't debug things remotely if you just say "it doesn't work".  We
need the debug output to know more.