Enterasys Wireless controller with Mgmt user authentication via RADIUS MSCHAP

Alan Alejandro Villaverde alan.villaverde at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 19:56:01 CET 2014

Hi all,

I hope you are all fine.

I am deploying a Radius server to authenticate mgmt users of a Enterasys
Wireless Controller.

The problem is that when I set WLC to authenticate via radius using MSCHAP
I get Access-reject.

First of all, I keep the radius config files as default and when debugging
it I noticed that for some reason radius is trying to authenticate by UNIX
Cleartext Password.

For PAP authentication it is ok and all works great but not for MSCHAP.

Then, I set Auth-type = MSCHAP in "users" config file and here the things
changed. The auth now is done by mschap but it is still requesting a clear
text password. After that it tries with LM-password / NT-password.

I read this article
http://deployingradius.com/documents/configuration/active_directory.html

But I cant sort out this problem.

Is It possible to set Enterasys Wireless controller to authenticate mgmt
users via MSCHAP Radius???
Can it be done without LM-password or NT-password?

Sorry for that, but It is getting me crazy. I kindly request you for help.

Thanks in advance.

BR.

--
Alan Alejandro Villaverde.

                                    ,JL.
                                  j@, Zv
                                uJ.u at qJ
                              :LBO:v1
                           :r1@  MB
                          G1 rB8Ur          ,
                         r at Ei  O        .7  @.
                       :N,:BBO05v,:, :7  u  Or
                      vM at r:E: rqr,:  .v  X  Or
                    7 at r v at U   ,@:::  5  .L  M:
                  YO:2 at OS.     .   .7:  N  iP
                  Y at riBr      ,:i:::  :q  ,q.
                    qk              :ii  YO.
                             iv7r77r   iGF              :7v7
                                    :u0u.   7Lj      ;5k1r7BN
                            7P552552v:      LUM1,  7FUi:..v at B
                                              ik7JMJ. ..,v at rk.
      _..._                                    Y8. vL: .5 at v E.
    .'     '.                                 ui,N: .G.O@:  @
   /  _   _  \                              .P:   J7LEBO   Bi
   | (o)_(o) |                             .1      i at B7  .MU
    \(     ) /                             2     :M at u  .uMi
    //'._.'\ \                            :k  :U at BOi:vSM2B
   //   .   \ \                            7E at B@B at O8PrMk ;B
_)``".____,.'"` (_                 ..,:i;7vjuFXZEOMMBBL:::.rB at B@B@
)     )'--'(     (           .,::ir77vvJjuu2UF5SS00GZOMBB at B@B at B@B at B@
 '---`      `---` ::iirr77rrr77vLLLjuu25FXPNZGMOOO at B@B at B@B@@@B at B@B at B