Upgrading FR on Ubuntu

Kev Pearce email.me at kevp.com
Thu Sep 4 13:35:11 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I've installed the v2.x.x branch on my FR server... but my server is running on Ubuntu 14.04 using the release v2.2.5 package, and as such is installed into /etc/freeradius.
Installing the branch is installing to /usr/local/etc/raddb and I can't get this to start:

radiusd: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeradius-radius-020205.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is there anyway to just 'upgrade' on Ubuntu using the original /etc/freeradius location and config files?

Cheers

Kev/.