EAP Session problems

Adam Bishop Adam.Bishop at ja.net
Mon Sep 8 11:01:57 CEST 2014

On 8 Sep 2014, at 09:18, Cardinal-Richards, Emma <e.cardinal-richards at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> I'm experiencing a problem with EAP sessions/new conversations not starting when I'm using the Janet testing as shown below.

I'm not sure I fully understand your current configuration - are you saying that you're routing test.ucl.ac.uk from your production radius servers, via the national proxies, back to your pre-production servers?

The issue seems to be that your client is responding too slowly:

> Finished request 0.
> Going to the next request
> Waking up in 4.9 seconds.
> Cleaning up request 0 ID 1 with timestamp +17

Increase the cleanup delay in radiusd.conf and requests should complete - but over 5 seconds is an obscenely long time, things should be much faster. Could you give an overview of where the requests being transmitted to the NRPS are originating from?

> The other odd behaviour is that despite getting a REJECT from this testdev server, I get authenticated by our production ORPS using 'username at test.ucl.ac.uk' which is not a declared local realm on the production ORPS.

We'd need to see a log from the production servers to investigate this.

Thanks,

Adam Bishop

   gpg: 0x6609D460

Janet, the UK's research and education network.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238